Date(s) - 25 Oct 2015 until 25 Oct 2015
9:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Cataract Gorge Reserve
Sunday 25 October 2015
A walk and talk with Aunty Patsy Cameron
Session 1 will be from 9.30 – 11.30am with a BBQ at 11:45am followed by Session 2 from 12.30 – 14.30pm
The walk meanders in a clock-wise manner along the path,
across the Suspension Bridge, and over the river causeway
passing the Café and back to the cottage.
For further information please call 03 6333 0715 or
0457 784 420 on weekdays from 10.00am – 2.00pm or email
Participants will experience:
- A Welcome to Country and Ochre Ceremony
- Learn about material cultural practices
- Hands on string making using natural plant fibre
- Taste bush foods (in season) and plants/products for medicinal use
- Hear stories of the significance of Country, Aboriginal Spiritual origins of the river and geological formations that shaped the Gorge
- Women’s Business and Men’s Business
Please note this Gorgeous Walk event is being held on a
weekend to enable families to attend. Two sessions are being
offered. There will be a limit of 20 people for each session.
The cost is $30.00 per adult and $15.00 for children under 16 years. Bookings are essential and registration occurs 10 mins
prior to the session starting at the Basin Cottage, located behind the main chairlift station.
Aboriginal Cultural Experience