Date(s) - 1 Sep 2017 until 1 Sep 2017
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Greater Launceston & Tamar Valley
BONESEED BLITZ Months
The Councils of Launceston, West Tamar and George Town
Boneseed is an invasive weed of national significance. It invades natural areas and out competes native plants. It can be found in disturbed bushland, housing development blocks and in coastal vegetation. It can invade the understorey of bushland and competes with native plants and reduces biodiversity. Dense infestations can be a significant fire hazard.
Help us control Boneseed in the Tamar Valley.
- Organise an activity with your community group over September-October
- Let Tamar NRM know and we will include in the Calendar of Activities
- Attend the Tamar NRM Boneseed Blitz Days (TBA)
- Remove Boneseed from your property
Tamar NRM can assist community groups with their efforts in targeting this weed. We can:
- Promote your Boneseed Blitz working bee day
- Supply weed treatment information
- Supply “Dabbers” for cut & paste treatment
- Help with identification.
Tamar NRM – Phone 6323 3310
Further information available from Tamar weeds Strategy and DPIPWE website.