What you will see:
- Side by side pasture mixes of perennial ryegrass and white clover, tall fescue and strawberry clover, cocksfoot and red clover, plantain and red clover
- Inspect the recent spraying outcome at the trial plots
- Discuss variations of fodder crops (Timing and best types, including grazing fodder crops)
- Share experiences with a broader group of northern Tasmanian famers
- Join us to discuss the challenges the sites have posed and importantly what has worked
- Be informed about production and persistence that time will bring
9.30am Visit Local Pasture sites :
- Visit two farms in the Tamar Valley (“Greenhythe”, Hillwood and “Oakbank” Headland Farms at Piper’s Brook) looking at pasture establishment
1.00pm Lunch :
- Provided (BBQ at Pipers Brook)
2.00pm-3.00 Farmer Discussion :
- What’s your experience?
- Hearing from the farmers present about their wins and losses.
Or phoning Greg Lundstrom on 6323 3310,
Mob 0438 642 112